Who is issuing this warranty:
This warranty is issued by
Brother Sewing Machines Europe GmbH
Im Rosengarten 11
61118 Bad Vilbel
(referred to in this document as "Brother").
To whom does Brother issue this warranty:
Brother issues this warranty to you if you have purchased the product new from an authorised Brother vendor as the first purchaser and end-user of the product.
Statutory warranty rights:
In addition to this warranty, you have statutory warranty rights vis-à-vis the vendor. This warranty does not limit these statutory warranty rights.
To which products does this warranty apply:
This warranty applies to the machine and accessories (jointly referred to in this document as "this product"), with the exception of
(1) needles, light bulbs, presser feet, bobbins, blades, tools and embroidery frames
(2) other parts that need to be regularly maintained, filled or replaced and that are subject to normal wear and tear (including, but not limited to, bobbin cases, needle plates, belts and needle threaders and brackets)
(3) consumable items
(4) products used prior to purchase, demonstration models and reconditioned products. However, the warranty does apply to products reconditioned by Brother itself.
What does Brother warrant:
Brother warrants that the machine will be free from defects in material and workmanship, save for the exceptions set out in this document. The warranty covers the repair or replacement of the machine at Brother's expense and discretion, however no consequential damages that occur outside of this product, such as materials that have become unusable or loss of profit.
When does this warranty not apply:
This warranty does not apply to:
(1) Material damage caused by external influences on this product
(2) Damage caused by incorrect installation, incorrect or inappropriate use, misuse, negligence or accident (including, but not limited to, the transport of this product without proper preparation or packaging); and
(3) Damage caused by other non-Brother devices or programmes used together with this product (including, but not limited to, the use of consumable items and accessory items).
(4) This warranty shall become INVALID if this product is altered in any way (including, but not limited to, as a result of attempted warranty repairs without Brother's authorisation or alteration or removal of the serial number).
How long is this warranty valid:
This warranty shall be valid for three years from the date of purchase.
If the machine is used for commercial purposes, this warranty shall be valid for one year from the date of purchase.
Where does this warranty apply:
This warranty applies in the European Union, Iceland, Norway, Russia and Switzerland.
What you should do if you think that an event covered by the warranty has occurred:
Inform the authorised Brother vendor from whom you purchased your machine of your concerns within the warranty period, and forward or send your machine at your own expense to the vendor along with the original invoice or receipt showing the date of purchase, product description and vendor name. If you cannot contact your authorised Brother vendor, contact Brother within the warranty period. Brother will then inform you where to send your machine and the original invoice or receipt.
What Brother will do then:
If this warranty covers the problem that has occurred with your machine, Brother will either repair or replace the machine at its own expense, at Brother's discretion. Brother will send the repaired machine or replacement machine at its own expense to the Brother vendor to whom you submitted your claim under the warranty. If Brother has informed you that another location will be taking care of your claim under the warranty, your machine will be sent to this location.